Best Online Therapist in Asia and Southeast Asia
- Do you want to start therapy but are finding it difficult to find a high-quality therapist in your area?
- Does your travel schedule make it impossible to consistently get into a therapist’s office consistently?
- Do your work hours make it impossible to meet with your therapist’s work hours?
- Do you want flexibility to have office and online sessions?
- Are you reluctant to build a relationship with a therapist because you may be moving?
- Do you want relationship therapy, but you are in a long-distance relationship or travel so much it makes consistent office appointments difficult?
Online therapy done through Skype or WhatsApp Video offers the same high-quality therapy, but with more flexibility.
How does online therapy differ from in office therapy?
Simply, it does not.
The therapy relationship will develop the same way as it does in an office setting. The technology today affords people the ability to have high quality interaction. The interactions and interventions are the same. One advantage is that there are less disruptions to therapy because we have more flexibility for scheduling sessions. The working relationship is the same whether in office or over video.
As with all therapy, we will have our first session, which is an intake and goal setting session. We discuss your goals and desired outcomes. We discuss what is required from you. You’ll receive a therapy agreement and then we’ll schedule the next session. You’ll be encouraged to write down what you learned and plan for your next appointment. As with all therapy, there will be homework to accomplish between sessions. If you get a package, you’ll also get access to our portal www.mynewbeginningsclub.com for support and education in between sessions.
Online Therapy process, how does it work?
It works the same way as when we meet me in the office
- Schedule an appointment with the therapist via WhatsApp
- You need to be on time for your appointment. You are encouraged to have written down your goals and outcomes for therapy.
- We work together on the outcomes for that session.
General Information for all therapy:
- Be prepared for your session, write down your goals and what you want to accomplish for therapy and for each session
- Be well rested and be on time
- No alcohol prior to our session
- Allow for 10 minutes or more after a session to process and write down your take-aways and any insights you’ve had from the session
- For online therapy make sure you have a private space where you won’t be interrupted or distracted and good internet connection
Can I do a mix of both Online and In-Office therapy?
Yes, you can do that as well. As with all therapy, appointments need to be pre-arranged
Feedback from Clients
“I am based in Singapore and started out doing in office therapy sessions. My therapist, Tammy, was going to be traveling and I wanted to keep my appointments. She suggested that I try a video session. I tried it and found that it was great. I didn’t notice any difference in the quality of the interaction or therapy. After the therapy got going, I didn’t even think about the fact that it was online. In fact, I liked it so much that I am doing more of my therapy online because I save the time it takes to commute to the therapy office.” Client of 24+ months
“I have been a long-term client doing in office sessions. I was resistant to the idea of doing online sessions, I like meeting Tammy in person. However, I was having a crisis and I really need to meet her and the only way I could get a session in was outside office hours. Tammy suggested trying a video session. I reluctantly agreed to try one. I found it positive. At first it felt a bit weird to be online talking to her, but then, everything was the same as in office. In fact, I forgot that I was online. I will probably do a mix of online and in office therapy.” Client of 36 months +
“I don’t live in Singapore but found All in the Family Counselling Centre through googling. I live in SE Asia and wanted to meet a therapist and couldn’t find any that I could connect with in my area. I have been doing all my therapy online from the first session. I have found it very helpful. I don’t really think about the fact that it’s online. For me, it’s just therapy. There isn’t anything negative about doing it online. Never having done therapy in office I don’t have a comparison, but I feel that I have a very good working relationship with Tammy and I feel she understand me. I think its more about the therapist than the technology. If you have a good therapist, being online or in an office setting won’t matter, at least that’s my opinion.” Online client of 13 months
Schedule your online therapy today!